Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Apple Support Communities / iPhone / iPhone Hardware my phone is stuck on searching and cant find me cell phone carrierg

I have an iphone 5 and just yesterday March 29 there was no network. It says no carrier and just keeps on searching. I tried turning on and off the plane mode, turning on and off the power , and even tried rebooting but to no avail nond works. Please help!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:04 AM

11 replies

Mar 30, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Cinzki

Apple unlocked it, or you purchased it unlocked from Apple, because Apple does not unlock phones, only the carrier does. The question was did you recently do a firmware update, because phones that were not properly unlocked will lock again when you do a firmware update. If the restart and reset did not solve the problem, they the next step is a restore from backup, and if that does not work, then restore as new.

Help! Apple Support Communities / iPhone / iPhone Hardware my phone is stuck on searching and cant find me cell phone carrierg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.