Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages on iPhone5 users

Is it necessary to turn on the iMessage? Currently, my iMessage is off, but the MMS Messaging is turned on. When I text people, I see green texts that I sent, but when others send me texts I see grey. Is that what is supposed to happen? If I turned on iMessage then my messages are in blue I think to other iPhone users. If I turned on iMessage, I see a SMS messaging option, and currently it's set to on. What is necessary to receive/send texts no matter what cell phone provider a person has? Say like taxi cabs send out text messages, do I need to turn on iMessage?

Thanks

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:39 AM

1 reply

iMessages on iPhone5 users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.