Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I added more icloud storage to my phone but I still cannot do the software update

I added more icloud storage to my phone but I still cannot do the software update because my phone says that I do not have enough storage. But I updated to an insane amount so I have more than enough room for the update.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:41 AM

Adding iCloud storage simply adds space to the server. It will do nothing to add available storage to the device. The only way to accomplish that is to delete content/apps. Alternately, you should be able to update the phone using iTunes on a computer regardless of available space.

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:43 AM in response to jlentine

iCloud storage and iPhone storage are two different things. Your iPhone is telling you that you do not have enough storage on the phone to do the update. Purchasing more iCloud storage has no affect on that whatsoever.

Connect the device to the computer and iTunes and update from there. If you do not have a computer to do that with, then you will have to delete content from the iPhone to gain usable space.

I added more icloud storage to my phone but I still cannot do the software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.