Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos will not sync debacle

This is an open thread many times over yet I see no orthodox solution. Apple, I address this to you. I have hundreds of voice memos on my iPhone 5s. I have over 900 of them relatively safely transferred to my Macbook Pro. But there are still sporadic unsynched/un-backed-up Voice Memo recordings that have not made the journey from my iPhone. They are stuck there. They are taking up all the space. I need them on my computer and they will not transfer. iTunes refuses. Computer says no.

Include Voice Memos is selected.

What do I do, Apple? What is this strange bug? How does one squash it? Come now, mighty Apple and work your sleek magic... tell me what to do. There is a direction I have neglected to wave my eyes in, or drag my thumb across the surface of some plane... you have stumped my intuition and my logic and my problem solving and I want to throw iTunes into a blender on a star to make the cake of flaming misery, I am so despondent.

This is the meal you'd have me serve my kith and kin.

Where's the big button that makes things work, Apple? Where's that special idiot-proof thing that stops things being dumb?

Please. I beg of you. Mercy, Apple. Have mercy. I need my freaking voice memos, why is iTunes being arbitrary in its recognition of those I would want transported from my phone to my computer?

And sorting them is another matter - please don't tell me I have to wade into my archives and edit tiny portions of these things, rename the files - one by one, to have the program recognise them as something new that it might drag them through the cable to the safe harbour of my laptop and possibly some external drive along the way... Two Apple products joined in holy technonomy by a freaking thunderbolt-usb... whatever the **** it's called cable - I mean for goodness sake - can I not simply migrate the whole freaking bunch of them to a folder? Why cause such widespread suffering and confusion?

Help me Apple. Someone freaking help me. Help us all. Save us from losing our minds to the dementia of iTunes.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2, Macbook Pro

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:57 AM

There are no replies.

Voice Memos will not sync debacle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.