Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fuzzy Text and UI with 4K Monitor

I have the LG 31MU97 Display as the only monitor connected to my new Mac Pro, the LG is one of the few 4K displays Apple supports. Unfortunately all text and UI throughout all applications are very fuzzy and pixelated no matter what my settings are. The most clear setting is the default (4096 x 2160) all of the scaled settings look worse. I've also tried to adjust the limited amount of controls within the display but these did not help.

Another odd thing is that when I attempted to use the "scaled" settings it drastically slowed my computer down. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Nothing else connected to computer.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:05 AM

9 replies

Aug 24, 2015 8:28 AM in response to Louis_godfree

I returned the monitor in exchange for a new one and that worked, I had assumed it was the computer rather than the display but I got lucky. The replacement display has a gray logo on the front, the prior display's was red, so maybe it was updated??

I have noticed that text will be fuzzy on Mac Pros and and iMacs if you do not set your display to "default for display" in System Preferences. Scaling the resolution makes almost everything look terrible if you are accustomed to quality.

Fuzzy Text and UI with 4K Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.