Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync on Windows using Cabstone Lightning Cable (iPod 5th Gen)

Hi,

I've just got this iPod 5th gen from my sister who no longer uses it. After got it, I immediately format it and install iOS 8.2.

The original Apple Lightning Cable that came with the iPod already broke and I bought a new one by Cabstone on an authorized reseller on Indonesia, Infinite Store. I chose it because it has full 2-years warranty (although the brand is not very well recognized) instead of from Apple one which is infamous for breaking way too fast, to be blunt. Buying from an authorized reseller, I assumed it will work just fine for charging and syncing like an original Apple Lightning to USB cable.

I can charge using this cable, but I can't sync my songs from my Windows laptop (Lenovo Y580, Windows 7 64-Bit) using this cable, no matter via USB or via Wi-Fi. Everytime I try to to sync the songs, usually it will work just fine but after syncing one or two songs, it will disconnect automatically, not even charging. I guess syncing my song one by one is not a solution and will never be.

I went to Infinite Store and tried to borrow the Apple Lightning cable for a moment to try syncing from my Windows laptop and it worked just fine. Assuming the problem is in the Cabstone cable, I tried to sync the iPod with a MacBook Air display unit using this Cabstone cable, but to my surprise it worked just fine.

So my Windows and iPod can sync (if I use Apple Lightning cable) but it can't sync using Cabstone Lightning cable, which seemingly is being picky, only working for Mac. Huh ?

I have tried to cleanly uninstall iTunes and reinstalled it 2 times and the iPod Device Manager is properly installed. And mind you, I just formatted this iPod like, a week ago. Does anyone can help me ?

iPod touch, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:54 AM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 10:07 AM in response to lllaass

Well, I connected the iPod to the Macbook Air display unit (on that store) using my Cabstone Lightning cable and tried to sync the songs from that Macbook Air, with the permission of the sales clerk. Because my iPod was empty, I had nothing to lose. So I tried to sync the songs from that Macbook Air and it succeeded.

I didn't lose my app data, because I just synced the music.

Unable to sync on Windows using Cabstone Lightning Cable (iPod 5th Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.