Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Photosmart C7280 running on Mac OS 10.7 Lion

iMac Model Identifier 6,1 and actual System Mac OS 10.6.8 has to be opened for iCloud application. This is only possible under System 10.7 Lion.

My question: Is the printer HP Photosmart C7200 supported by this system update?

iMac (24-inch), Mac OS X (10.6.8), HP Printer C7200

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 11:38 PM

It should: OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

Both Print and Scan functions are shown for the HP Photosmart C7200 series.

What problem are you experiencing? I'm not sure what you mean by "Mac OS 10.6.8 has to be opened for iCloud application". If you are using HP software written for the PowerPC, it will not work with Lion. You probably don't need it though.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 11:38 PM in response to OM-crazy

It should: OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

Both Print and Scan functions are shown for the HP Photosmart C7200 series.

What problem are you experiencing? I'm not sure what you mean by "Mac OS 10.6.8 has to be opened for iCloud application". If you are using HP software written for the PowerPC, it will not work with Lion. You probably don't need it though.

Mar 30, 2015 11:38 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks for your reply. The list shows indeed the printer, Scanner and Fax function. Actually I loaded HP Configuration SW incl. Deinstallation for 7200 series. That was a difficult procedure and I dont want to restart it under 10.7.

The reason to change to 10.7 is that under 10.6 iCloud is not supported. At that time it was called "Mobile Me " which is not any more supported as I was informed. So I have to change.

Your answer encourages me to go to 10.7.

HP Photosmart C7280 running on Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.