Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new MacBook Pro shows 51.58 of movies, but there are no movies on it.

My brand new MackBook Pro (just picked it up this past Saturday) is showing that the disk is almost full. Of the files it claims are on it, 51.58 GB of them are movies. I'm perplexed as I haven't put a single file on this MacBook yet. The only thing I have done is to sync my iPhone 5 with iTunes. When I go into iTunes and look at Movies, they are all in the Cloud. In other words, they all show the cloud icon in the lower right and none of them are on the MacBook itself. What is going on? When I go to the Movies folder in Finder, nothing is in it. I'm stumped. I would appreciate any advice on how to figure out where these mysterious movies are hiding because they're taking up a sizable amount of my 256GB memory. Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 11:41 AM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 12:44 PM in response to dominic23

Thanks, Dominic. But whomever I was given during the Chat session was totally unhelpful and gave only partial instructions and assumed a vast wealth of prior knowledge, which I do not have. I will just have to try to sort this out by reading old forum posts, I guess. Given how much I just paid for this MacBook and Thunderbolt display, I would have expected a better customer experience.

Brand new MacBook Pro shows 51.58 of movies, but there are no movies on it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.