Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto duplicate

I'm using a Mac mini Yosemite 10.10.2 and when I import my photos off my iPhone 5S 8.2 into iPhoto 9.6.1 the photos are duplicated. I do not get an option to tick the do not import duplicates as it is the first time they are being imported. None of the options are selected in the Settings Photo and camera on my phone and they are not burst photos.

Thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 11:45 AM

Do you man, that you are seeing duplicate photos in the Import panel?

That may be caused by using My Photo Stream. The Import panel is showing you both the photo stream and the camera roll.

One way to prevent this, that seemed to work for some of the forum members, is to open the camera.app on the iPhone before connecting it to USB. Then the Photo Stream photos do not show in the Import panel.

It is a bug, that has been present since the last iOS 8 update. You may want to send feedback to Apple with a bug report, so it will hopefully be fixed sooner.

You can use this link: Apple - iPhoto Mac - Feedback

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 11:45 AM in response to Lezamcleod

Do you man, that you are seeing duplicate photos in the Import panel?

That may be caused by using My Photo Stream. The Import panel is showing you both the photo stream and the camera roll.

One way to prevent this, that seemed to work for some of the forum members, is to open the camera.app on the iPhone before connecting it to USB. Then the Photo Stream photos do not show in the Import panel.

It is a bug, that has been present since the last iOS 8 update. You may want to send feedback to Apple with a bug report, so it will hopefully be fixed sooner.

You can use this link: Apple - iPhoto Mac - Feedback

iPhoto duplicate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.