Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get iphoto library to appear

Want "XY photos" but always get "AB photos" -- have relaunched holding option key and chosen "XY photos" -- no luck

iMac mid 2007 running OS 10.10.3 w iphoto 9.6.1

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:20 PM

26 replies

Mar 30, 2015 12:27 PM in response to angsta

(how do it edit the original post??)

The "Edit" option for the original post is in the Actions menu: Click the Gears icon. But you have only 15 minutes to edit any post, before it will be locked.

User uploaded file

have relaunched holding option key and chosen "XY photos" -- no luck

Where is your "AB" iPhoto Library stored? It may be on a disk, that cannot be read by iPhoto 9.6.

Mar 30, 2015 12:36 PM in response to angsta

Again

You need to explain a bit more fully

When you opition launch iphoto and select a library that library is displayed and will be displayed overtime you launch iphoto until you option launch again

You refuse to give any details - right now my only guess is that you have two identical libraries with different names

But until you actually give us details we can only guess

LN

Mar 30, 2015 12:37 PM in response to léonie

"Where is your "AB" iPhoto Library stored? It may be on a disk, that cannot be read by iPhoto 9.6."

both XY and AB libraries are in the machine's hard drive -- (tried moving the XY library and did get a message about "inconsistencies detected" so fixed that but no soap)

"Why not explain to us who cannot see your machine what exactly is going on."

What else to explain? There aren't many options.

I did recover the XY library from Time Machine before this happened ...

Mar 30, 2015 1:06 PM in response to angsta

I've been using Mac computers since 1987, iPhoto since 2008. This is the first time I have to my recollection used Apple "support" communities, What "support" do I get? --

"Why not explain to us who cannot see your machine what exactly is going on. The maybe we can help you."

"Let's try baby steps: are these XY and AB meant to be iPhoto Libraries?"

"You refuse to give any details - right now my only guess is that you have two identical libraries with different names ...But until you actually give us details we can only guess"

-- IOW condescension and borderline insult.

It'll be a long time before I ask for any more "support" ...

Mar 30, 2015 1:15 PM in response to angsta

Entered Time Machine and did full restore

The XY library -- the one I want to open -- is 7.2 GB; the AB library, the one that keeps opening is 7.54 GB

Has the library you restored been created on the same computer, using the same user account, by the same if version? iPhoto will not open the library and switch to another library, if the library you want to open has a corruption, permission errors, or needs upgrading.

both XY and AB libraries are in the machine's hard drive -- (tried moving the XY library and did get a message about "inconsistencies detected" so fixed that but no soap)

What did you do to fix that? Did you repair or rebuild the library?

can't get iphoto library to appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.