Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

have charged nano and continue to get white screen... is my ipod "cooked"?

I was using what i thought was a fully charged ipod and it just stopped playing... I have since recharged it both thru electrical outlet and computer... I have tried to reset it but the apple sign never comes on the screen... the app page flashes on and off briefly but basically I have a white screen...

Is my ipod cooked? It is less than 2 yrs old and wouldn't have been used 40 hours..

Tks

Beth

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 11:49 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 9:11 AM in response to mary efromfredericton

Hi Beth,

So if your iPod nano will not start up properly, one of the troubleshooting steps is to reset it. Just to make sure this was done correctly, I would like you to follow the steps in this article -

Reset your iPod - Apple Support

Specifically -

7th generation: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen goes dark. The Apple logo should appear after a few seconds, then the Home screen should appear.

If this does not produce the desired result, the next step would be to restore the iPod to factory settings. Use the steps in this article -

Restoring iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

have charged nano and continue to get white screen... is my ipod "cooked"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.