Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 MacBook Air & iPhone 6 Bluetooth Won't Pair

Greetings:

11" MacBook Air purchased March 29 2015 OS X 10.10.2

iPhone 6 OS 8.2

When I go to Preferences/Bluetooth on the MacBook Air the iPhone is discovered and the key is displayed. The key is then displayed on my phone, however it then prompts me with "Pairing Unsuccessful" Make sure device is on, in range and ready to pair. Which of course it is. *I've reset Network Settings, forgotten all devices, changed iPone name according to other posts and this did not fix the connection problem. The phone never discovers the computer, but the computer discovers the phone.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks,

jeff

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 11:37 AM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2015 1:27 PM in response to jmoscone

I'm having the exact same problem, as is my husband. I have a 6 Plus; husband has a 6. We both have a MacBook Air (his is 13", mine is 11"). They were purchased in December 2014; we both installed OS X 10.10.2 within the past week or so.

Our devices so sometimes discover each other, but we then get "Network Is Unavailable" message.

2015 MacBook Air & iPhone 6 Bluetooth Won't Pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.