Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I insert a page break after an existing page

I have a small document I'm attempting to create. I have finished the first page, there is a single text header at the top using the default text box. The rest of the text and graphics are place independently of the full page text box. When I go to insert the what should be the second page using the Insert -->Page Break option. It inserts the page break just below the header, ignoring the page full of text and graphics. I'm familiar with working with pre 5.0 Pages, but I'm lost with the ins and outs of this version of Pages. It seems I have to fill the page with line spaces or set a very large after text line spacing to get this to work. I'm hopeful I'm missing some relevant feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:18 PM

I figured this out. There's a Convert to Page Layout option under the File Menu. To me it feels counter intuitive, or rather weighting one style of document creation versus another. Anyway, page layout documents just insert pages, not breaks. Easy fix.

1 reply

How do I insert a page break after an existing page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.