Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes

Hey everyone

I've always used itunes on my PC to synchronize my music on my iPhone and iPad, but lately, I've changed for an iMac (yayyy) but now my musics won't synchronize to my iPhone and iPad😐. I don't know why knowing that I've unistalled iTunes from my PC.

If any of you have an answer to my problem, it's welcome! Thanks!! 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:51 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 9:38 AM in response to juulie99

Hi, juulie99.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are unable to sync music from your new iMac. Could you elaborate on what you are experiencing when you attempt to sync? In the interim, double check that music is selected to sync via the steps in the article below.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

Cheers,

Jason H.

Apr 2, 2015 12:07 PM in response to juulie99

As stated we need more information on what you are trying. For starters, did you transfer your library from your old computer? An i-device will only sync with one library at a time and if you did not transfer the library to which it had last been synced the new iTunes will try to wipe the device first before syncing the new library to it.

Moving a library: Quick answer if you use iTunes' default preferences settings: Copy the entire iTunes folder (and in doing so all its sub-folders and files) intact to the other drive. Hold down the option (alt) key (shift on Windows) and open iTunes. At the prompt to create or choose a library choose the copied iTunes folder.

itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.