Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stop imac password prompt

can someone please assist with stopping my iMac from prompting me for a password overtime i turn it on. the disable automatic login box is checked. the operating system version is Safari 8.0.4. thank you

iMac

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:03 PM

"Safari 8.0.4" is a browser version, not an operating system version. Select "About This Mac" from the apple-icon menu in the upper left corner. The first couple of lines should include the operating system version (like "OS X Yosemite" and "Version 10.10.2").

If you have disabled automatic login, then your Mac should be asking for a password.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 4:03 PM in response to ngd1224

"Safari 8.0.4" is a browser version, not an operating system version. Select "About This Mac" from the apple-icon menu in the upper left corner. The first couple of lines should include the operating system version (like "OS X Yosemite" and "Version 10.10.2").

If you have disabled automatic login, then your Mac should be asking for a password.

stop imac password prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.