Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting music from iPad and iPhone

I have been searching for HOURS on how to delete music from my iPad Air iOS 8.2 and iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.2 with NO luck!!! I need help in the worst way because I am about to go crazy and Apple phone care wants me to pay to get help. I cannot afford to do that so I ask that someone PLEASE help me with this problem because I desperately want ALL the music off my iPad and need to delete some of the songs from my iPhone.

Let me start with the iPad....

In iTunes, under Music, I have Sync Music turned off. But in the Devices section on the left side of iTunes, I can click on the arrow and it shows me a Music folder. When I click on it, all the music is ghosted out. I cannot delete it. But the thing is, not all the music listed under that folder is on my iPad, only some of it. I am not able to wipe and delete the music either, it won't let me.

iPhone.......

I have several songs on my iPhone that I cannot delete either. The songs I cannot delete are not even in my iTunes Library or in my Purchases though. I tried downloading the songs through iClound on my phone then deleting it as some have said and it appears to delete, but when I go back in to my music again it is still there. Why won't the songs go away for good???

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:01 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2015 2:21 PM in response to shaydaz

You say that in iTunes on your computer you have Synced music turned off. Are any individual playlists selected? If there are individual playlists selected you should deselect them. Then click on Sync or Apply. After the sync is completed music that was deselected or turned off should be removed from your iOS device but kept on the computer.

Mar 31, 2015 1:28 PM in response to shaydaz

Oh my gosh!!! I figured it out (I think)! I had Manually manage music and videos checked under Summery Options. Here is what I did:

1. Uncheck Manually manage music and videos checked under Summery Options.

2. Turned my iPad off and then back on again.

3. I still had 6 songs showing up so I went to Settings > Music and enabled Show all music (I took a picture of the 6 songs with my iPhone so I could remember what they were because when you turn on show all music, I got ALL of them back).

4. Went back to my Music App, and downloaded those 6 songs to my iPad, then deleted them.

5. I turned off my iPad again and then turned it back on, and whala! No songs showed up on my iPad. YAY!!!

I do hope this is a permanent fix though. The ghosted out songs still show up when I am connected to iTunes, the folder under Shadaz's iPad, but at least they are not on my iPad itself.

Thanks to everyone for ALL your help and support :-)

User uploaded file

Deleting music from iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.