Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes want to charge me again for previously purchased music

My previously purchased music has only 4 songs in the album instead of 11 and want to charge me for the rest

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:53 PM

11 replies

Mar 30, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Fordy36

If you mean that they aren't showing in the Purchased tab in the iTuns store app on your phone for redownloading, then have you checked to see if you've hidden the other 7 tracks from the cloud : iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support ? If they aren't hidden then you're sure that you bought the whole album, not just those 4 tracks ?

Mar 30, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Fordy36

You are looking in the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app on your iPad, that is where you are trying to redownload the tracks from ?

If they don't show then, and if you've never used iTunes on a computer on which you could have hidden them, then it used to be possible to hide items on iOS devices as well - though I don't think that it was ever possible to unhide them on a device

Mar 30, 2015 2:12 PM in response to King_Penguin

yes King_penguin

going to the iTunes store app and then the purchased tab.

ive not got any more songs with the download icon.

when I go to the iTunes store and find the album it's shows all the songs to purchase, would'nt it show the songs I have as purchased?

ive just looked at another couple of albums one which wants me to pay again and another which says play.

Mar 30, 2015 2:19 PM in response to Fordy36

On my iPad my purchased albums show the album and track prices in the store, they don't show Purchased against them.

If you go into Settings > iTunes & App Store and set Music (under the 'show all' heading) 'on', do the tracks then show in the Music app with a cloud icon against them ? If they do then tap on cloud icon and they should download

Apr 1, 2015 5:16 AM in response to King_Penguin

itunes allowed me to buy a song last night.

noticed they have changed the name of the album and the song names since I brought the album.

it was the David Bowie album Hunky Dory (Remastered)

its now Hunky Dory and the songs have (1999 remaster ) at the end of the song name.

it seems the name change was for a copyright update from 1971 to 1999.

is that the reason I cannot down load the album anymore ?

I've still got to try the computer with iTunes .

Apr 1, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Fordy36

You should be able to copy purchases from your iPod to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases

Have you checked to see if the tracks are hidden : iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support ?

If you do have to sync them then use drag-and-drop from your computer's iTunes to put them on the iPad, syncing may result in your existing content on the iPad being replaced with what's in the iTunes library.

In Edit > Preferences in iTunes, on the Store tab there is a tickbox for 'prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically' - tick that (preferably before connecting the iPod for the 'Transfer Purchases' above) :

User uploaded file

And to copy music to a device, select/highlight the music in the My Music part of the library and then click-and-drag it over to the left hand side/edge of the iTunes screen - you should then get a sidebar appear listing the device(s) that you have attached to iTunes, and if you drop the music onto a device it should be copied onto it.

Why does iTunes want to charge me again for previously purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.