Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

data storage devices for movies on ios 8 ipad2

What data storage device would work to play itunes movies on ios 8 ipad2?

Thank you!

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:14 PM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 2:18 PM in response to IMaier1

Perhaps one of this would help:

HyperDrive - The World's First And Only iPad Hard Drive

Carry 750GB of HD video and photo, always accessible to the iPad

Airstash
"Easily access, transfer, and stream your files from AirStash® – the pocketable wireless flash drive for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch! This app requires an AirStash device in order to work. View, import & export photos, wirelessly stream videos, music & podcasts, and view documents stored on your AirStash. AirStash+ is an enhanced alternative to the built-in web interface adding features only possible with a native app."
http://www.airstash.com/

Seagate Wireless portable hard drive
"The new 500GB Seagate Wireless portable hard drive is the company's latest HD designed specifically for use with tablets and smartphones like Apple's iPad and iPhone."
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/04/seagate-ces-2015-new-products/

FlashAir™ II Wireless SD Card series

--Share photos & videos wirelessly

--Capacity up to 32GB

--Supports simultaneous access from up to seven devices

Mar 30, 2015 4:17 PM in response to rccharles

Hi,

Thank you so much!

I looked them up at your suggestion and I can't find out if I can copy iTunes DRM-protected movies to the device/ or their SD card, and stream them as long as my device is authorized to play them. It seems that this is an Apple issue since iOS 8. For example Sundisk or RAV POwe FileHub Wireless Travel Router are not working for movies. Do you have any additional info about this?

Thank you again!

data storage devices for movies on ios 8 ipad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.