Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC Pro 2013 Wake Issues

I purchased a new MAC Pro in July 2014. This is one of the newer MacPro's with the black cylindar body (Late 2013). I have had wake issues with this machine ever since purchase. The problem is the computer does not always wake up from sleep. There is no pattern to the anomaly. Sometimes it wakes, other times it does not. When it chooses not to wake up...sometime I can hit the power button to restart the computer, other times I have to unplug the unit (the power button does not alway shut the computer off).

I have been working with Apple Care since about August last year. So far, I have reloaded the OS three times (each time I re-installed all the software, careful not to restore any bugs); the computer has been into the Genius Bar twice (once to have the OS re-installed, and the second time for about a week). During the second trip to the Genius Bar, they replaced all the RAM, thinking that might be the problem...but no luck.

I have been with two senior advisors and now working with their Customer Care department in hopes someone will fix this.

I am under the impression, in speaking with the Apple Care folks, that my situation is an isolated issue. I would really like to believe them, as I would hope I simply have a lemon rather than the entire product line has an issue.

I am curious, is anyone else experiencing issues with their MAC Pro waking consistently? If so, were you able to resolve the issue...and if so, how?

I am running OS X (Yosemite) V10.10.2.

Thanks

Jeff

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:14 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 10:42 AM in response to Jeff from Upper Marlboro

Hi Jeff,

Purchased my new Mac Pro yesterday. Very conservative build, quad core, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD. No additional software loaded. Pristine, virgin machine. I have a G Tech 1TB HDD connected via Thunderbolt for backup. Other than that, completely out of the box. Woke up this morning to start the fun and the keyboard was non-responsive. Display was up, but computer had crashed. Re-booted, signed in as normal, and computer crashed after sleep in the course of 3 hours. Did a SMC reset and an NVRAM reset, unplugged the G Tech and am sitting back to see what happens next. I'll update later in the day.

MAC Pro 2013 Wake Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.