Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp 4 stuck at boot up

Hi

I have a Mac Pro 1,1 which I am trying to install Windows 7 on a boot camp partition.

Having burnt my ISO and inserted it into the drive and set bootcamp 4.04 going it has rebooted and when it has attempted to boot from the CD i get a black screen with the numbers 1. 2. and the command prompt select CD-ROM Boot Type with a flashing cursor indicating i should make a selection.

Although I have a keyboard in it isn't interacting with the Mac Pro (no lights on num or caps lock and no response from keys) so i can't make my choice or eject the DVD. Obviously this machine has no eject button so im struggling to get the disk out to allow the machine to boot properly.

Ive tried 2 known good USB keyboards but to no effect.

Any ideas forward on this one?

Thanks

John

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2, and IOS8

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:21 PM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2015 8:40 AM in response to lhtec

The CD/DVD does not have relevant drivers for the Keyboard/Mouse. You can power cycle, hold the Alt key, and when you see the Bootmanager, click on the CD/DVD and press Alt/Eject.

You will need to download appropriate drivers for your hardware from System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support to a USB. If your MP is not listed, use the DVDs that came with MP for BC Drivers.

boot camp 4 stuck at boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.