Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recently got a iphone5s can hear someone call me but they cant hear me

Hello i recently got a new phone iphone5s and i can hear someone call me perfectly fine but they cant hear me and also the phone wont recognize the headphones. it would treat it like the headphones arnt in and also i tried to make a video and cant hear myself speak

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:23 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 9:50 AM in response to Community User

Hello Sylviaxox,

It seems you are experiencing an issue with the microphone of your iPhone. That does sound troublesome. The following article provides troubleshooting guidance which may help you find a solution:

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Fix common issues

Follow these steps, testing after each with Voice Memos.

1. Unplug anything plugged into the headset jack.
  2. If you're on a call and holding your phone next to your ear, speak into the microphone and make sure you don't block it with your fingers or shoulder.
  3. If you're using a screen protector or case that covers the microphone, remove it. Clear any debris from the microphones.
  4. Restart your device.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you well on calls, contact Apple Support.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

recently got a iphone5s can hear someone call me but they cant hear me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.