Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen MacBook Pro

Aloha everyone,

my home was recently broken into and my laptop was stolen. I bought it back in 2013 and I'm not sure if I enabled the find my Mac option. Anyway, I notcied on my iPad that when I dowloaded the find my iPhone app, my Mac book name was automatically on there. Would anyone know if that means it was enabled and I may be able to actually locate the laptop? Please help.

Mahalo.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:01 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 10:41 AM in response to Melhdavis75

Hi Melhdavis75,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your MacBook Pro is missing and you would like to locate it, but don’t remember if you enabled Find My Mac on it. The way I would suggest checking would be to follow the steps outlined in the attached article. Once you select All Devices, as described in number 2 within the article, you will be able to see all of your devices that are enabled to be located. The attached article has a lot of other great information I would suggest reading over as well.

iCloud: Locate your device

Best regards,

Joe

Stolen MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.