Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air black screen "recovery mode"

Hi,

My iPad Air (v.1) was working just fine after leaving it connected for charging last night. It has not fallen or been damaged in any way “ever”, but this morning it didn’t wake up. I’ve try all the forums Options plenty of times;

- Home+Power button 10 sec, 12 sec, 15, 10 minutes, releasing one or the other after a while then keep one pressed, etc…

- I have connected it to iTunes with and without having the USB (tried different cables as well) cable connected at first, with the Home button pressed, with both pressed, releasing one or the other, waited all night, but nothing…

While the screen is always blank (no iTunes connect logo or apple logo in the iPad since this started) iTunes recognize it as an iPad in Recovery mode, but it gets stuck while it says “Preparing iPad for restore…”. iTunes is updated to the latest, and I just restore my wife’s iPad with the same computer, which is the same as mine (iPad Air v.1) and no problems with iTunes doing that on her iPad.

After two months over the Warranty I’m afraid it just stopped working for no reason…

Any Help…

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:54 PM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 7:25 PM in response to melvinfromguayama

Same problem for me yesterday, just fixed it.

Hold down the sleep and home buttons until the icons show up to plug your device into iTunes. I could not do this without actually plugging it into my computer.

Tunes should tell you there is a problem detected with the software and it needs to fix it. Allow this fix, it will warn you that your settings may need to be restored to factory settings, oh well, better than not working at all.

The recovery mode took a total of about 15 minutes from the software fix to the update and completion. iPad rebooted and everything is working perfectly again.

Ipad air black screen "recovery mode"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.