Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Apple TV to play my iTunes & YouTube on my Monitor?

I thinking of buying a Apple TV, to use the 'Apple TV' Remote to play my iTunes [TV shows/Movies/ Podcasts], also for YouTube on my Monitor from a distance.

I have a early 2009 MacMini [Mac OS 10.10,10.9, 10.6] with old Apple remote, 28 inch Monitor with Elgato EyeTv 3. The Elgato remote works perfectly to receved my TV shows. I do not have a Television set.

Can Apple TV & its Remote play my iTunes & YouTube on my Monitor from a distance? If it cant, then I may need to get a physical remote to work with the Plex System? I must have a physical remote, not a App.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Mac OS 10.10; 10.9; 10.6

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:20 PM

You have to have a physical remote to operate the apple tv. My family has one and I can honestly say that it is awesome. It can play iTunes, Netflix, Youtube, iMovie theatre, etc. You can also stream from your computer (videos, photos, or even just the screen). The apple tv has a home screen where you select what you want to do (Netflix, iTunes, youtube, etc) I'm not quite sure what you mean by "from a distance" but if you mean does the remote work from a distance then yes, it works about the same distance that a normal tv remote does.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 2:20 PM in response to HaroldMac

You have to have a physical remote to operate the apple tv. My family has one and I can honestly say that it is awesome. It can play iTunes, Netflix, Youtube, iMovie theatre, etc. You can also stream from your computer (videos, photos, or even just the screen). The apple tv has a home screen where you select what you want to do (Netflix, iTunes, youtube, etc) I'm not quite sure what you mean by "from a distance" but if you mean does the remote work from a distance then yes, it works about the same distance that a normal tv remote does.

Can I use Apple TV to play my iTunes & YouTube on my Monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.