Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro does not work

I am very frustrated. To make a long story short, my dog knocked down my macbook and it got destroyed. I purchased all the parts on Ebay . i bought all the parts on ebay. Here is the issue. The parts i purchased from ebay are brand new and work. the last issue that i had was with the keyboard. so i bought a new keyboard replacement from factory brand new.After installing the new keyboard, i do not know what happened to the laptop but it does not work properly anymore.

Here are the issues:

1. The computer becomes overheated very fast

2. the computer takes a long time to load when starting

3. the keyboard does not work

Here is another issue: the airport card is brand new yet the system does not pick it up.

The computer worked perfectly until i replaced the old keyboard with the new one.

i tried to do a diagnostic and it does not work. the computer freezes during the diagnostic. it does not finish and the computer overheats. feel so frustrated. i was so close to finally fixing my laptop. i am lost.

macbook pro unibody mid 09 a1286. not sure about the operating system.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:38 PM

31 replies

Mar 30, 2015 1:54 PM in response to OliverF99

Hi Oliver,

My bluetooth keyboard is acting up on the ipad, sorry for typos. purchased the following: battery, mag safe port, airport card with antenna, lcd screen, keyboard, and the screen where the lcd is attached to. tried to do a diagnostic to see the issue but tit does not work. i use an external keyboard. i start the computer and hold D.

Mar 30, 2015 2:12 PM in response to KnightSky1216

Okay, cool!

Does the machine power on at all since the new keyboard was fitted?

Also, did you replace the entire top case assembly or just the keyboard?

The method you described to attempt to perform a diagnostic on this MacBook Pro would not work as diagnostics are not available this way on these models, you have to use the original software restore disks.

Sorry to ask so many questions, this is just to try and understand what's going on.

Thanks,
Oliver

Mar 30, 2015 4:16 PM in response to KnightSky1216

Do you have a wired keyboard?

"Yes, the keyboard works. It powers the computer, however, the keyboard keys don't work."

So the power button works but the keyboard doesn't.

Pull the connector to the keyboard and start the computer using the power pads as below:

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/turn-on-macbook-pro-laptop-without-power-button-lo cating-power-on-pads/

Be very careful doing this. Carefully identify the power pads and only touch them.

"macbook pro unibody mid 09"

size?

Mar 30, 2015 6:50 PM in response to KnightSky1216

" The keyboard only works when you hold options and start the computer."

Well that shows that at pre boot option key works.

"That goes to show that it does work."

Not necessarily.

"The issue is that once the computer fully loads, the keyboard doesn't work. Why?"

Got to be the wrong keyboard/faulty keyboard.

There are no breakdowns past the number on the top case which is the same for all 4 models.

Where did you get the keyboard?

Good job on that btw! That is a pain to remove and install.

And this is the model with 2 fans?

MacBook Pro does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.