Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers will not allow me to edit an excel spreadsheet I have

Can someone please help me before I scream.

I have set up a spreadsheet using excel on my boyfriends computer as numbers would not allow me to produce the graphs that I required. Long story.

Since completing the spreadsheet, I have saved it on a memory stick and also emailed it to myself. When I open up the excel spreadsheet in numbers, some of headings and labels have moved. I want to tidy them up, however, every time I click on the text boxes, or any other part of the graphs, nothing will happen.

I am trying to finish a dissertation and am about to scream as numbers won't let me carry out such a simple task.

After looking at the help pages, it states that excel graphs are compatible with numbers, but this doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Someone please help me.

Keeley

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:46 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 7:17 AM in response to SGIII

Thanks SG

Its such a pain as my Macbook Pro only has numbers and pages, and my partner has word and excel, but because I'm completing my dissertation on my laptop, anything do on excel, which I then have to cut and put into my dissertation (completed on pages) throws it all out.

If only Apple and Microsoft would comply with each other, it would make my life a whole lot easier!

Numbers will not allow me to edit an excel spreadsheet I have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.