Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto faces gone since upgrade to 9.6.1

Hi,

Something strange is happening here. Since I upgraded iPhoto to 9.6.1, the Faces feature doesn't work anymore.

When I click Faces in the left sidebar (which shows all faces' names and a thumbnail), well, all the names appear but with a black square for each face instead of a picture !

When I double click a Face to see all the photos, I can see all the already identified photos but when I ask iPhoto to identify faces on new pictures.... all the proposed pictures are just black square instead of a face !

Has anyone else had this issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Mathieu.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:00 PM

Make sure you have a current backup of your iPhoto Library and then try the iPhoto Library First Aid tools. First try "Repair Database", and if that does not fix it, "Rebuild Library".

To launch the First Aid Tools

• Press and hold down the alt/option key ⌥ and the command ⌘ keys at the same time and launch iPhoto.
  • Keep holding down both keys until you see the First Aid panel.
  • From the panel select to "Repair database".
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 3:00 PM in response to mathieufromlevis

Make sure you have a current backup of your iPhoto Library and then try the iPhoto Library First Aid tools. First try "Repair Database", and if that does not fix it, "Rebuild Library".

To launch the First Aid Tools

• Press and hold down the alt/option key ⌥ and the command ⌘ keys at the same time and launch iPhoto.
  • Keep holding down both keys until you see the First Aid panel.
  • From the panel select to "Repair database".

iPhoto faces gone since upgrade to 9.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.