Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My passcode page is not responding on the iPad.

My passcode page is not responding on my iPad. However, swiping to get there works just fine and the menu options remain available. I am able to take photos if I go through the menu on the swipe screen, so it's not an issue of the touch screen itself not working. I've allowed it to power down and reboot, but I remain at square one.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:27 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 11:40 AM in response to daffyducky

Hey there daffyducky,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, you’re unable to enter the passcode on your iPad because the touchscreen isn’t responding. Take a look at the article linked below which provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that can help you resolve the issue.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Also, you can rule out any issues with the iOS installation by restoring the device as shown below.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

Apr 2, 2015 12:42 PM in response to daffyducky

When you get to the Passcode screen what do you see? Does anything happen when you tap the keys? What about taping Cancel or Emergency?

Instead of just powering down and turning it on try resetting your iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

My passcode page is not responding on the iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.