Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change caption background color?

in iphoto slideshow I can't change the background color of captions

I can change font, font-size, text color etc, and there is an icon for changing background color, but it doesn't seem to work.

This is important as on some slides I can't see the caption text very well and would help with a dark background. Any ideas?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iphoto 9.6.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:44 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2015 4:30 PM in response to liz193

Thanks. I had already tried that and I guess will have to be satisfied with this as the best I can do. Its just that on some photos having a low opacity background would make the text even clearer, particularly since I take out all of the shadows and boldness and bring down the size of the text, as I want it to not intrude too heavily on the image.

Its weird in that there is the icon for background color and in the font styling dialog box I can even get it to change, it just doesn't translate onto the actual slide.

Mar 30, 2015 11:05 PM in response to liz193

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie is on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price:

PhotoToMovie $49.95

PulpMotion $129

FotoMagico $99

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

How can I change caption background color?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.