Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic wont reset says error 1439

so i found my old ipod classic, i tried to reset it but it doesn't let me. all it says that the ipod cant not be restored an unknown error occurred (1439) I've tried like everything I've seen on here to reset it but nothing seem to work...any help to get it working?

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:38 PM

If you performed a search for that error code here:

iPod: Can't restore or update in iTunes with error 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, or 1439 - Apple Support

also bypassing a USB hub & going directly to the machine ports worked for some people.

2 replies

Jul 13, 2016 3:08 PM in response to Smileybabex

Late reply but i just recovered my 160gb classic from the same issue by doing a format of the drive. I must strive that you must uncheck the quick format box when doing this and it did take around 2 hours for this to complete as doing a quick format did not work.

Overjoyed that this fixed my issue, had went down every other avenue with this and was about to give up hope. Hope it helps someone.

ipod classic wont reset says error 1439

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.