Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open youtube.com with OSX 10.9.5 (in Turkey)

Can't open youtube.com (not even the website itself) - with none of the browsers.

I get an 'The web page is not available' error and tried all the DNS setting and Flash Player related solutions.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:30 PM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 6:07 PM in response to certomerto

YouTube was blocked by government fiat in Turkey a year ago. As I recall Turkey's constitutional court overruled that ban a few months later, but the communications minister was dragging its feet in complying. I lost track of what happened after that, but from what you report it sounds as though it's been blocked again. I can only surmise that will occur repeatedly, any time someone tells the truth about something someone doesn't want you to know.

Flash Player shouldn't be a factor. Get the page to load first, then you can determine if you need Flash Player. You probably don't.

If you circumvented the restriction in the past by using a different DNS, find out how you can do that again. I don't have one to suggest.

Can't open youtube.com with OSX 10.9.5 (in Turkey)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.