Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does watching movies from iCloud fill up storage? And why do I have to reset to clean storage?

i watch movies from iCloud. some how it fills up my storage,but I can't clear it without resetting. What am I doing wrong?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:56 PM

Tap Videos, tap Edit, find the movie you want to delete, and tap the X.

Did you purchase or rent them? If you rented them, they will be deleted automatically anyway.

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 2:56 PM in response to swt386

If you are talking about the movies that have the cloud icon next to them, you are not actually streaming them. You are downloading them from the cloud. If you completely download the movie, then you will be able to delete them as John Galt is describing above.

This isn't made every clear by Apple, IMO. Most people assume that they are streaming, but when you tap the cloud icon, you start downloading the movie and it can't be deleted until it is fully downloaded. I have been down this road a few times myself.

why does watching movies from iCloud fill up storage? And why do I have to reset to clean storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.