Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google log in screen after Yosemite upgrade

Since upgrading to Yosemite on MacBook Pro, I get a pop-up screen every time I leave a page that says: "to view this page you must log in area "mail.com on mail.google.com443- how do I get rid of this? Safari Version 8.0.4 Yosemite 10.10.2 I don't use the Google search engine but do have a Gmail account.

Thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Hi JQuillan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like Safari is asking you to sign into gmail on any website. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues - Apple Support

Choose the Safari Extensions you want to use on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2015 2:19 PM in response to JQuillan

Hi JQuillan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like Safari is asking you to sign into gmail on any website. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues - Apple Support

Choose the Safari Extensions you want to use on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

google log in screen after Yosemite upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.