Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 5 - Headphones Suggestion? HELP!

HI,

I had an I-pod classic for the longest time.... and have had a 5th generation I-pod Touch for about two months. I am using the "new", white, APPLE ear buds released only a few years ago that were redesigned.

With my old I-pod classic, I put the EQ on Rock and I was very pleased with the sound. Using the SAME ear buds.. I did the same thing with the new 5th generation model and the music sounds VERY muddy. I have tried ALL the other EQ settings... even going so far as to use "treble booster." which I figured would help eliminate the "muddy" sound. Treble booster is equally bad because it's takes out too much of the bass and enhances the treble to an unlistenable level. (BTW.. NO.. the "flat" EQ .....as some have suggested ......is not pleasing to my ears AT ALL. (Ha)

Also, I even exchanged the I-pod for a new one.. hoping there was just an issue with it.. but the new one sounds the same. As confirmed by APPLE, that is just the way it is supposed to sound.

Others, (including APPLE support) suggest trying new ear buds.

I have only been using the latest designed, white colored APPLE ear buds. THEREFORE >>>

Can anyone suggest a decent pair of ear buds? I am into mostly hard rock and I like that guitar crunch so the ones available that say "EXTRA BASS" most likely won't work for me.

Also, ear buds (as opposed to headphones that cover your entire ear)... are what I am looking for. But there are sooo many options out there!

Any suggestions? I hope someone can help me get back to enjoying my music.

Thank you in advance!!

Dave

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:38 PM

There are no replies.

Ipod 5 - Headphones Suggestion? HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.