Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6plus cannot make outgoing calls

I haven't been able to make outgoing calls and outgoing messages through my iPhone6+ since yesterday. I have done research and have tried suggestions like turning the phone into airplane mode, turning off the iPhone, re-setting the network settings, erased all the content of my iPhone and restored backup, erased all contents and used as new phone but I still cannot make outgoing calls nor can I send test messages. At first I thought I did not have sufficient money on my sim card however when I tried my simcard on another iPhone, it worked perfectly. I also tried another simcard on my iPhone, but it still can't make a call. I have never had this problem since I got my new iPhone6+ last December. This is the first time I've had a problem like this with an iPhone and I've been using the iPhone since iPhone 4s,iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S. Could there be something wrong with the unit that I have? Is there any other troubleshooting I could do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:18 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 11:14 AM in response to arlenecristobal

arlenecristobal,

So far it looks like you've covered all of the applicable troubleshooting (as far as the phone is concerned), the next step would be to contact your carrier to verify the status of your account.

Contact your carrier

When you contact your carrier, check the following:

• Your account is set up to use your iPhone.
  • There aren't any localized service outages.
  • Your account doesn't have a billing-related block.
  • Your calls don't have errors on the carrier system.

Still can't make or receive calls?

If you still can't make or receive calls, restore your iPhone as new.If restoring doesn't fix the issue, contact Apple Support or take your iPhone to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider.

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204027

Cheers,

Allen

iPhone 6plus cannot make outgoing calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.