Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus cannot make outgoing calls and cannot send text messages

I haven't been able to make outgoing calls and outgoing messages through my iPhone6+ since yesterday.

I have done research and have tried suggestions like turning the phone into airplane mode, turning off the iPhone, re-setting the network settings, erased all the content of my iPhone and restored backup, erased all contents and used as new phone but I still cannot make outgoing calls nor can I send test messages. At first I thought I did not have sufficient money on my sim card however when I tried my simcard on another iPhone, it worked perfectly. I also tried another simcard on my iPhone, but it still can't make a call. I have never had this problem since I got my new iPhone6+ last December. This is the first time I've had a problem like this with an iPhone and I've been using the iPhone since iPhone 4s,iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S. Could there be something wrong with the unit that I have? Is there any other troubleshooting I could do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:20 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 3:23 PM in response to arlenecristobal

If you restored the device as new and it did not work, then I suggest you contact your carrier. The function of phone calls and SMS messages is a carrier function. They would need to test your account. Your only other option would be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have the device examined.

Can you receive a call and/or message? If so, then I would suspect the SIM and the carrier.

iPhone 6 Plus cannot make outgoing calls and cannot send text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.