Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad is dead, won't charge, won't even turn on. Please HELP?

My iPad was at 73% when I took a walk earlier it was hooked up to the charger, the screen was off, and nothing could've happened to it. Once I came back home my iPad was completely dead and wouldn't turn back on. I've tried the 2 button method and it hasn't worked. Nothing has worked, it's still not turning on and it's been doing this for 3 hours now. I've had my iPad since I was 13, I'm 16 now and really don't need it having to be comepletely reset. Too many memories to lose. Please, somebody help me?

iPad Air, iOS 8.2, Dead and won't charge.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2017 7:50 PM

I get this big black iPad 5 years old it won’t change I hope I come back to life

5 replies

Apr 2, 2015 12:48 PM in response to summer lamkey

Let's assume that somehow your battery was completely drained and the iPad shut itself off. If this is the case plug it into the charger that came with it and plug that into a good wall outlet. Wait at least 30 minutes. An iPad with a completely drained battery often will not respond for a while until the battery get a certain amount of charge back. After 30 minutes on the charger reset the iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

If the iPad restarts let it continue to charge until it is at 100%.

If the iPad doesn't restart follow the links provided by jason269 and see if the iPad eventually responds.

If none of the above helps it's time o have your iPad looked at by an Apple technician. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple.

Also, I advise that you begin a regular backup program to same your "memories" that you don't want to lose. Every type of computer device will eventually die and having your data safe requires a good backup strategy.

Apr 2, 2015 11:52 AM in response to summer lamkey

Hi, summer.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPad will not power on. Here is a troubleshooting article that I would recommend going through for this issue.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on

Keep in mind that the step referencing Forced Recovery will wipe your data, so verify if you have a backup via the second article below.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes

Cheers,

Jason H.

My iPad is dead, won't charge, won't even turn on. Please HELP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.