Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15" Retina Palmrest Heating Up While Charging

Hello,

I noticed that my MacBook Pro with retina display 15" @ 2.5Ghz 16GB Ram is heating up near the palm rest when it was sleeping and charging on the carpet.

I just wanted to know if someone with the same notebook knows that this is okay.

Thanks!

Matt

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 12:02 PM

Hi Matt_Raj,

If you have questions or concerns about the surface temperature of your MacBook Pro, you may find the information outlined in the following article helpful:

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature - Apple Support

Note: You should generally use your Mac notebook on a hard flat surface during usage or charging in order to ensure adequate air flow.

Regards,

- Brenden

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Matt_Raj

Hi Matt_Raj,

If you have questions or concerns about the surface temperature of your MacBook Pro, you may find the information outlined in the following article helpful:

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature - Apple Support

Note: You should generally use your Mac notebook on a hard flat surface during usage or charging in order to ensure adequate air flow.

Regards,

- Brenden

MacBook Pro 15" Retina Palmrest Heating Up While Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.