Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I currently have an older airport extreme and am considering upgrading to the new airport extreme. Is it worth it?

Is it worth upgrading???

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:56 PM

Do you have any wireless client that support 802.11ac? Yes, then maybe an upgrade is in order, especially if you have either an 802.11g or 1st/2nd generation 802.11n AirPort Extreme. If not, then I would suggest that you only need to update if your wireless network clients would benefit. That is, getting a new 802.11ac base station will NOT make your wireless network any faster for 802.11g clients.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 12:56 PM in response to davefromexport

Do you have any wireless client that support 802.11ac? Yes, then maybe an upgrade is in order, especially if you have either an 802.11g or 1st/2nd generation 802.11n AirPort Extreme. If not, then I would suggest that you only need to update if your wireless network clients would benefit. That is, getting a new 802.11ac base station will NOT make your wireless network any faster for 802.11g clients.

I currently have an older airport extreme and am considering upgrading to the new airport extreme. Is it worth it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.