Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer content from iPad to PC

MY PC crashed and the hard drive has been replaced. My itunes library is gone. I need to know how to get all the content ( music, notes, apps, contacts, calendars, etc.) from my iPad to my PC to repopulate itunes. I am particularly concerned with contacts. I don't relish having to re type all the contacts manually back into my PC, if I can transfer the data somehow. I have Windows 7 on my PC, and iOS 8.2 on my ipad. I have tried syncing, but the content doesn't move from the iPad to the PC.

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:18 AM

In iTunes, under the summary or info tab, if you scroll down I believe there is a check box for doing a one time replacement of the data on your computer with data from your ipad (contacts anyway)

Another way, that's tons more tedious but less risky is to mail your contacts to yourself. Go into the contacts, open each one, scroll down and you should see the option to share or mail it. Mail it to yourself and save it to your desktop

All your music, movies and apps can be redownloaded from the app store (presuming they're still there)

Did you ever enable iCloud syncing? If so you may be able to retrieve your other data from the cloud

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 6:18 AM in response to donnafrompanama city beach

In iTunes, under the summary or info tab, if you scroll down I believe there is a check box for doing a one time replacement of the data on your computer with data from your ipad (contacts anyway)

Another way, that's tons more tedious but less risky is to mail your contacts to yourself. Go into the contacts, open each one, scroll down and you should see the option to share or mail it. Mail it to yourself and save it to your desktop

All your music, movies and apps can be redownloaded from the app store (presuming they're still there)

Did you ever enable iCloud syncing? If so you may be able to retrieve your other data from the cloud

Mar 31, 2015 6:24 AM in response to Skydiver119

I found no option in the summary tab to do a one time replacement of data from ipad to PC, but I see I can email my contacts as you instructed. It may be time consuming, but it's quicker than retyping everything!

I have backed up my ipad to the cloud, and then tried to restore the backup to my PC using Cloud control panel, but it only transferred photos, nothing else.

Thanks for your input, I know I can move my contacts now!

Transfer content from iPad to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.