Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error on iTunes Match

I'm trying to move my library from one computer to another. I've tried importing the file and over half my songs would not transfer and had an "!" to the left of the name. I decided to try iTunes Match hoping that would fix it...nope. Now I have a cloud with a slash through it next to the songs and it says "error - this item was not added to iCloud because of an error". Some are songs that were originally added from CD's and other were purchased from iTunes (however they aren't showing up in my download option). HELP!

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:47 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 11:43 AM in response to ColtsRule

Hello ColtsRule,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To start with, the exclamation point next to a song in iTunes indicates that the file iTunes is referencing has been moved or deleted from its original location. The iTunes Match icon you are seeing with the slash indicates those songs are not eligible to be uploaded to iCloud using iTunes Match. To properly move your iTunes content from one computer to another, please follow the directions in the link below.

How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

iTunes Match: Understanding the iCloud Status icons - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Error on iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.