Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (Retina Early-2013) will not turn on

I plugged my iPhone into my computer and was going through the process of syncing my music when my MacBook Pro just powers down completely. I've been unable to turn the computer on since then, following the Apple trouble-shooting process.

Interestingly, when I do a SMC reset, the LED color on my MagSafe charger will change to green and then back to orange, leading me to believe that it isn't an issue with either the connection to the power button, or with the logic board itself. In spite of this, no boot-up sounds, no LED lighting up on the Caps Lock button, no nothing.

Has anyone else run into an issue like this before? Were you able to resolve it?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:27 PM

2 replies

Sep 13, 2017 2:28 AM in response to FAHQALL

Yes, me. I have a late 2013 15' macbook pro, and had your same issue. Macbook pro was working perfectly, and the day after, when I tried to turn on, was completely dead! I tried (smc etc) everything but nothing worked (same thing with power adapter, always orange and changing just when perform smc, but nothing happen ). I brought it to apple support and they made a quick analysis telling me thet is probably the logic board, but they have to make a deep control. They told me if the logic board issue is confirmed, this cost 700 euro, as my computer is 3 years old, and out of warranty. I'm just saying this, HOW can a machine like this (costed me more than 2.500 euro) fail like this? How can a always kept with extreme care laptop, stop working line this? If I spend 2500 euro to have a top range computer, is just to do not have this kind of problem! This is my 6th mac and the one handled with much care than ever! I'm really really disappointed.

Apr 2, 2015 11:47 AM in response to FAHQALL

Hello FAHQALL,

The resource below will provide some steps to try if your MacBook Pro won't turn on. Resetting the SMC is one of them. Troubleshooting the MagSafe adapter and installed RAM are also included. There are links in the article for additional support if the computer needs to be physically inspected.

If your Mac won't turn on - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Macbook Pro (Retina Early-2013) will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.