Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5S died after 14 months of gentle use!

I have an iphone customer since 4 years when I moved to this country. I was a fan, untill I had issues with the hardware. When I took my iphone 5S, which just suddenly died to a NOT SO ''genius bar'' they just did the tests that I already did at home and told me that my iphone is equivalent to TRASH now and nothing can be done about it! They told me to buy another one, which I will get in $200 on contract and even worse if I wanted to get my existing phone replaced, I will have to pay $260!!! It makes no sense and it seems like apple's days are over and they are just struggling to survive by making a fool out of people!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:26 PM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2015 6:50 PM in response to guptami

guptami wrote:

it seems like apple's days are over and they are just struggling to survive by making a fool out of people!

No, I don't think Apple is "just struggling to survive".

http://www.rsvlts.com/2015/02/11/apple-720-billion/

Your phone is out of warranty. Apple offered you a replacement at less than half the cost of a new phone. It's hard to see what you're complaining about.

Mar 31, 2015 6:51 AM in response to guptami

You had the option to buy Apple Care at the time you purchased your iPhone. At that time it was only $79 if I remember right that would have extended your warranty to two years. Almost all products carry warranties against manufacturing defects. They can range from as little to as long as the company wants to offer. Apple products have been warrantied for 1 year for many, many years now and that is pretty commonplace in the electronics industry. While paying $260 to replace it probably wasn't what you were hoping for, they have fulfilled their end of the warranty. If you buy a television from a company and it fails after 14 months, they aren't going to give you a new television for less than half the price of a new one, you pay full price. Apple is very kind to offer such a great price on a new iPhone for you.

iphone 5S died after 14 months of gentle use!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.