Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost sound notification for incoming facetime

I recently lost the incoming sound that notifies me of a FaceTime call. I have checked all settings and cannot find anything I have changed.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 11:24 AM in response to Mackenzie4.5

Hey there Mackenzie4.5,

It sounds like you are not getting the sound notification for your FaceTime calls that are coming in. I would check this setting in the Notifications section specifically to verify there is a sound setup to notify you:

About Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Notifications to verify that the app supports notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, make sure that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.
  2. Make sure you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
  3. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Lost sound notification for incoming facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.