Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro slow to respond after Standby Mode

I have a MacBook Pro (mid-2012) that has been experiencing slowness to respond after going into Standby Mode (hibernate). The symptoms are that when the power button is pushed, I immediately get the login screen. After entering credentials, I get the "grey progress segments" and then I am returned to the login prompt, yet I have no keyboard nor trackpad control. Since nothing is entered, the screen will go black. I can push the power button again, but still cannot type or move the mouse. This will happen 4-5 times before the trackpad/keyboard wake up. Whenever the screen is awake, I can see incoming notification of mail messages, calendar appointments, etc. I have tried grabbing a system snapshot, but since the keyboard doesn't respond, I get no report.

I am currently on the 10.10.3 testing track, but this has been occurring with every release going back to 10.9. I have checked for an SMC update, but none available for this model.

Ideas?

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:24 PM

Sorry - posted here by mistake - I cross posted this to the MacBook Pro forum.

1 reply

MacBook Pro slow to respond after Standby Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.