Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot get my icloud information to transfer to my new iphone 6

I cannot get my icloud to transfer all my contacts, aps etc to my new iphone 6. I have it backed up but cannot get it to transfer.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:04 PM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 11:14 PM in response to janefromolney

Contact info is not part of the backup in iCloud.

If all contact info is synced to iCloud, go to Settings/iCloud and switch off "contacts". Tap on "yes" when asked if you want to keep the contact info on the phone.

Reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, then activate contact syncing again in Settings/iCloud.

Apps are not part of the backup, only the app data. Apps can be download again for free.

• Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and booksYour iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.
  • Photos and videos on your iOS devices, unless you turn on iCloud Photo Library beta on your iOS 8.1 device. If you turn on iCloud Photo Library beta, your photos and videos are already stored in iCloud, so they aren’t included in your iCloud Backup.
  • Device settings
  • App data
  • Home screen and app organization
  • iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
  • Ringtones
  • Visual Voicemail

Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include data already stored in iCloud, for example contacts, calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo albums, iCloud Photo Library beta, My Photo Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps.

copied from:

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Mar 31, 2015 12:10 AM in response to Ingo2711

That's why I do not like using the iCloud backup option. Besides the fact that it is SLOOW. An encrypted backup stored on the local drive on the computer, with sync set to store all apps, books and movies as well (separate storages, not in the backup itself) will allow a virtually identical Restore on the next or same device. In my latest iPhone 5 to iPhone 6+ migration, the ONLY thing I had to input on the new device was the AppleID and iCloud passwords, all else was restored identically. Even icon placement of all 415 apps I keep on the devices.

i cannot get my icloud information to transfer to my new iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.