Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming music from iPhone to Mac?

Hey guys, I'm currently using a Macbook Pro with Retina Display, the late 2013 version and also the iPhone 6, 64GB. I recently found out that I could play music from my computer but controlling it with my phone. It's called streaming music, I guess? I'm not too sure. I've been trying to figure out how to do that for the past few weeks and I've been unable to do that and I'd like to know how to do it cause I'd love to stream music from my phone but playing from my Mac.

I could really use some help with this.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:37 PM

Maybe XBMC? I know you can stream from Mac book pro, etc, to Apple TV but that isnt' what you want, is it? You could go into itunes, click on your device, then choose music, then play, but that doesn't work well for controlling the music with your iPhone 6. Other than that, there are a few apps in the App store that will do it, but they are not free ($15), and yes, you're right, it's streaming music. I think your iphone and mac have to be on same network

sorry I can't help you more

JB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 8:37 PM in response to Harriniya

Maybe XBMC? I know you can stream from Mac book pro, etc, to Apple TV but that isnt' what you want, is it? You could go into itunes, click on your device, then choose music, then play, but that doesn't work well for controlling the music with your iPhone 6. Other than that, there are a few apps in the App store that will do it, but they are not free ($15), and yes, you're right, it's streaming music. I think your iphone and mac have to be on same network

sorry I can't help you more

JB

Mar 31, 2015 7:11 AM in response to Harriniya

simple really. You get a box (that's the Apple tv), You plug it into the wall, and then into the tv set. You run setup, it finds your network, then you get out either your Macbook pro, mac pro, iPhone or whatever else has Airplay built in (it's under iTunes--I don't know if you can share all of your music or control it, but I know it's there). You find something you want to stream to the Apple tv, make sure airplay is on , you click play on it, and it shows up on the tv. It's $70. Reflector or something like that, which lets you stream from your iphone to your Mac, is around $15. XBMC should be free (I just found out that you have to jailbreak your iphone first), so there's that. Along with Reflector, there's AirServer and X-Mirage. You also have to turn mirroring on. I've also found out it works with Airport express. I think Apple designed Airplay to work with Apple tv and airport expres only, so I'd recommend going with Reflector, AirServer or X-Mirage, all of which should do the job okay

John b

Streaming music from iPhone to Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.