Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very Slow Internet connection using a 2TB TC

Hello,

Having issues connecting to the internet using a 2tb TC (802.11n).

I have 3 airport express and normally one computer macbook pro (10.8.2) or two join the network. This set up has worked fine for while, but lately the internet goes so slow, I am better off using my phone.

The ISP sent a technician to check speed, it is good up to the modem. The only way to have an ok connection is to reboot the TC and it lasts about 30 minutes to an hour.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thank you very much

FJDG

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:39 PM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2015 5:57 PM in response to FJDG

What modem do you have?

What is actual model of the TC? It can be Gen2, 3 or 4 and still meet your criteria..

2tb TC (802.11n)

If it is old it can be simply faulty.

What firmware is it running?

What device is the main router of the network.. TC or modem?

If you measure speed by plugging computer by ethernet into the TC is it slow or fast? Wireless should be off when you do this test..

You are trying to determine is this a wireless issue or a router issue??

Give us a few screenshots of the setup as well as this helps no end.

The summary page from the airport utility.. ie

User uploaded file

You can also click the edit button and give us the internet and network tab screenshots.

Mar 31, 2015 4:15 AM in response to LaPastenague

The modem provided by Brighthouse is a UBEE model number U10C037, it was changed no long ago because the old one stopped working…

TC model is A1409 and is been running for three years.

The TC serves as the main router, running version 7.6.4

The issue seems to be caused by the TC, I just wired my laptop to the modem and I am getting 17.03 mps ( I only pay for 15)

Thank you very much!!!

User uploaded file

Mar 31, 2015 4:21 AM in response to FJDG

Ok, you can already see the TC is registering a problem.. double NAT which you have chosen to ignore..

But you should not ignore it.. you need to fix it.

So reset it to factory and setup again in bridge mode.. you will however still continue to create a wireless network.. it can be the same name and password as it is now.. that will keep the express working as they are.

Then I would also advise you to test the speed by ethernet direct to the TC LAN ports.. if it is slow.. then the TC has an issue.. one of which can be poor WAN connection speed to the UBee router.. I recommend you then try a few things.

Just plug the LAN ubee to the LAN TC.. in bridge this is perfectly acceptable.

Or if that fails downgrade the firmware of the TC to 7.6.1 as there is a bug with 7.6.4 that causes slow wan speeds.

Downgrade by holding down the option key when you select the version.

User uploaded file

Tell me what speed you achieve by ethernet to the LAN port of the TC after these changes..

Very Slow Internet connection using a 2TB TC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.