Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchscreen not responding. Can't Factory reset!

Hi everyone! so my phone was working perfectly and after going for a run the touchscreen stopped working, the phone still works fine, i can get messages and see them in the notification screen, i can even call using siri but i the touchscreen won't recognise my fingers. I tried cleaning it and reseting it (holding lock and home buttons) several times, touchscreen remains irresponsive. i can't do a factory reset because itunes asks me to dis engage Find My iPhone from my phone, (i don't have any other device to turn FMiP off either). And won't let me restore without me entering the passcode (which of course i can't because of the touchscreen). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:15 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Burger Bob

Hi Burger Bob,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like the screen on your iPhone 4s isn’t responding to touch. Take a look at the article linked below which provides troubleshooting tips, some that you've already tried, but others that can help you resolve the issue.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

Touchscreen not responding. Can't Factory reset!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.