Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to edit my playlists

I have a new laptop but I can't edit my playlists. I deauthorized the old computer and authorized the new laptop. I do see my playlists but I can't do anything (move the songs, delete, etc). Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!!

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:00 PM

16 replies

Jun 17, 2017 6:59 AM in response to ed2345

I never see this option for my playlists? This is the normal and typical situation with these forums. Answers that appears simple, assuming, assuming, assuming those options are actually offered to the user. But most of the times, the version is different, or the f*#(ing operating system changes the interpretation etc. I hate the competing operating systems. I hate pretty much everything about the modern world, I guess.

Jun 17, 2017 10:41 AM in response to jamessa2

jamessa2 wrote:

I never see this option for my playlists? This is the normal and typical situation with these forums. Answers that appears simple, assuming, assuming, assuming those options are actually offered to the user. But most of the times, the version is different, or the f*#(ing operating system changes the interpretation etc. I hate the competing operating systems. I hate pretty much everything about the modern world, I guess.

James,

The picture above is more than 2 years old, and in fact the newer versions of iTunes work differently from a view options perspective. If you have a specific question, you may wish to launch a new thread with details.

Jun 17, 2017 11:23 AM in response to ed2345

I never see this option for my playlists? This is the normal and typical situation with these forums. Answers that appears simple, assuming, assuming, assuming those options are actually offered to the user. But most of the times, the version is different, or the operating system changes the interpretation etc. I hate the competing operating systems. I hate pretty much everything about the modern world, I guess.
<Edited by Host>

Aug 18, 2017 2:47 PM in response to jamessa2

No kidding, why do they always change everything, its like going to Walmart and they move crap around so you have to wander around aimlessly trying to figure out what you need and just getting in a bad mood. I too do not have this option so I guess I will have to start a new thread and maybe in a couple years someone will get around to answering my question, but by that time there will be about 20 new IOS versions so the answer will be obsolete anyway, OY!

Sep 13, 2017 3:59 PM in response to michaelfrommanahawkin

michaelfrommanahawkin wrote:

I do not see the dropdown at the upper right that allows this sorting. Just "upgraded" to 12.7.0.166 and can't edit a playlist. This nonsense of upgrading and losing or changing functionality every time is getting very tiresome.

Michael,

The picture above is more than 2 years old, and iTunes has indeed changed. Now to get to sorting, click "View" then "Show View Options."

Unable to edit my playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.